Winter Storm – Snow, Ice, and Collapse – Commercial Insurance Claims Help
With offices located in New York, Maine, and Pennsylvania, the public adjusters at Adjusters International/Basloe, Levin & Cuccaro are very familiar with snow and ice commercial damage claims. Winter storms can bring several feet of heavy wet snow, causing even the sturdiest roofs to collapse. As large commercial buildings often have flat roofs, they tend to be more susceptible to collapse than smaller structures with pitched roofs, thereby increasing their chances of suffering damage after a winter storm.
Depending on the terms of your insurance policy, after a winter storm your business may be eligible to file a claim under some or all of the following coverage provisions:
- Property Damage (Buildings, contents, etc.)
- Business Interruption and Extra Expense, directly resulting from the property damage
- Business Interruption, caused by property damage at customers’ and/or suppliers’ locations.
Our public adjusters can help by:
- Fully reviewing your insurance coverage;
- Determining policy compliance issues;
- Developing a claim management strategy;
- Completing detailed valuations of building, equipment and inventory losses;
- Formulating business interruption models;
- Assembling comprehensive claim presentations with expert reports; and
- Expediting the insurance claims entire process.
Our public adjusters work exclusively for the policyholder—not the insurance company—enabling us to act in your best interest. As your advocate, we ensure that both you and your business’ winter storm damage claim are treated fairly by the insurance company.
Who have we helped?
…Working together, the team took charge and organized a catastrophic loss into manageable solutions, far better than I could have done on my own. …As a small business owner, we are confident, self-reliant, and accustomed to managing all of the daily tasks and challenges alone. This though is one BIG exception. What a great feeling it was to have a partner, confidant, and advocate, fighting in my corner for me!
Hobbs’ Home & Hardware, Inc.
Our insurance claims experts have helped thousands of business owners across all types of industries. We encourage you to look through our references and testimonials and to contact us for recommendation letters. An internal review showed that our clients felt we delivered what we promised and would work with us again—facts we are proud of. We welcome the opportunity to put you in touch with past clients so you can ask them yourself.
We have a long list of satisfied clients who we have helped receive a fair and just settlement from their business insurance claims, including the following winterstorm and collapse client references:
- Absolute Hair Salon, Utica, NY
- Bizzarro’s Towing & Salvage, Inc., Erie, PA
- Boscar Electric Co., Inc., Utica, NY
- Brooks House Realty, LLC, Brattleboro, VT
- Canton-Potsdam Hospital, Potsdam, NY
- Car Smart Holding Corp., Johnstown, NY
- Carr Hardware & Supply Co., Pittsfield, MA
- Custom Corners, Oneida, NY
- Hepburn Medical Center, Ogdensburg, NY
- Hobbs’ Home & Hardware, Inc., Sylvan Beach, NY
- Kmart Plaza, Utica, NY
- M & L Properties, Utica, NY
- Meadow East Apartments, Potsdam, NY
- Middlesex Marine Sales & Repair LLC, Portland, CT
- Norm Siekan TV & Appliance, Utica, NY
- Northeast Granite Company, Inc., Montpelier, VT
- Northland Plaza Shopping Center, Watertown, NY
- Oneida County Historical Society, Utica, NY
- University Mall Shopping Center, Canton, NY
Listen to our podcast on “Business Income Insurance: Understanding Business Income Coverage” for tips from our experts:
For additional information, visit:
- “10 Things You Can Do To Make Disaster Recovery Go More Smoothly”
- “Mounting Snow Equals an Increase in Roof Collapse Claims – What Do Business Owners Need to Know About Roof Collapse Insurance Claims?”
- “What is a Public Adjuster?”
If you’re suffering from a commercial property damage claim, we can help! Call us at 877.482.1234 or fill out the form below: