Hurricane and Tropical Storm Damage – Residential Insurance Claims
Hurricanes are complex storms, often involving heavy rains, lightening, flash floods, and (in coastal regions) storm surge. Typical homeowners policies only cover wind-related damages; separate insurance policies backed by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) are required for flood and groundwater coverage. In these situations, having multiple insurance companies trying to figure out which damages are caused by wind and direct wind-related water damage and which are caused by flooding or groundwater has been known to require litigation that has dragged out recoveries for years.
Understanding your homeowners insurance policy and what it actually covers is the first step in achieving a full and fair insurance claim settlement. The public adjusters at Adjusters International/Balsoe, Levin & Cuccaro have more than a century’s worth of experience guiding homeowners such as yourself through the ins and outs of different insurance policies.
Our public adjusters help you get what you’re entitled to by:
- evaluating your insurance policy to establish the best possible strategy for presenting your claim to the carrier;
- valuing, documenting and substantiating every detail;
- negotiating on your behalf with your insurance company;
- keeping you informed every step of the way; and
- ultimately settling the claim for the maximum amount and with less hassle for you.
Public adjusters work exclusively for you – the policyholder – never for the insurance company.
Who have we helped?
Our payment of fees to your firm for its expertise was money well spent. The return on investment was well worth it. … After going through the extended insurance claim process, we now know that no one should handle their own claim without the benefit of your expertise. We highly recommend your firm and its services without any hesitation.
Douglas and Diane Kelly
Our insurance claims experts have helped thousands of homeowners. We encourage you to look through our references and testimonials and to contact us for recommendation letters. An internal review showed that our clients felt we delivered what we promised and would work with us again—facts we are proud of. We welcome the opportunity to put you in touch with past clients so you can ask them yourself.
For additional information, visit:
- “Flood Insurance Claim Informational Flier”
- “10 Things You Can Do to Make Disaster Recovery Go More Smoothly”
- Adjusting Today “Hurricanes and Windstorm Coverage”