Winter Storm – Snow/Ice Damage – Residential Insurance Claims
With several offices located throughout the Northeast, our public adjusters at Adjusters International/Basloe, Levin & Cuccaro have extensive experience in handling snow and ice residential damage claims. If you’ve suffered a winter storm loss to your home, you are now faced with the laborious insurance claim process on top of repairing your damages and recovering your stride.
You will want to start by:
- contacting your insurance company,
- taking steps to prevent any further damage from occurring (e.g., cover broken windows, roofs, and walls),
- taking photographs and video of your damages
- documenting any temporary repairs you perform.
It is your responsibility as the policyholder to quantify and prove your claim to the insurance company, so you will need to make sure to save all your receipts for any temporary and permanent repairs and to prepare a detailed inventory of your building damages and damaged contents. If you are unable to live at your house, you may have coverage under your homeowners policy for additional living expenses while your repairs are being made. If this is the case, you will need to track all those details as well.
Our public adjusters help you get what you’re entitled to by:
- evaluating your insurance policy to establish the best possible strategy for presenting your claim to the carrier;
- valuing, documenting and substantiating every detail;
- negotiating on your behalf with your insurance company;
- keeping you informed every step of the way; and
- ultimately settling the claim for the maximum amount and with less hassle for you.
Public adjusters work exclusively for you – the policyholder – never for the insurance company.
Who have we helped?
Had I accepted my insurance company’s ridiculous settlement offer, I would have been left with a patched-up home with mismatched cabinets, a chronic mildew odor, and thousands of dollars of concealed damage that would have eventually needed repair at my own expense. With your diligent work, my home is again in excellent condition. You and your construction experts identified numerous areas of damage that the [insurance company] adjuster overlooked. You ensured that I received all of the benefits that I was entitled to under my insurance policy, including items that I never even thought of myself.
Our insurance claims experts have helped thousands of homeowners. We encourage you to look through our references and testimonials and to contact us for recommendation letters. An internal review showed that our clients felt we delivered what we promised and would work with us again—facts we are proud of. We welcome the opportunity to put you in touch with past clients so you can ask them yourself.
- “10 Things You Can Do To Make Disaster Recovery Go More Smoothly”
- “Do you need a Public Adjuster?”
- “Public Adjusters vs Independent Adjusters”